The 7th CFO conference, organized by CFOAS and TGI Group, was held on 10 and 11 May in hotel “Izvor” in Aranđelovac, under the auspices of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Serbia.
“Get ready for modern financial challenges” was the slogan of the event that was an excellent opportunity for CFOs to meet, connect and exchange experience and knowledge.
Topics that were discussed are:
- Macroeconomic Outlook – Update and Forecasts
- The Evolving Role of the CFO in Digital Transformation / Partnering with CIO
- Predict Future & Accelerate Success
- Tips and Tricks for Leaders Under Pressure
- Exploring Challenges of Investment Success
- Multinationals and Tax: Real Cases Deemed as Tax Avoidance and Their Effect on Development of Tax Legislation
- Business Design – Finance in Times of Business Transformation
- Beyond career of CFO
- Looking beyond the hype. How valuable cryptocurrencies really are?
Main Conference conclusion is that role of the CFO becomes more complex, which increases level of responsibility:
- The main focus of the finance function in the era of digital transformation is no longer recording and reporting of financial parameters and profitability, but support to business growth and increased efficiency (process automation).
- From the aspect of investment attractiveness of Serbia, it was concluded that the greatest advantages of Serbia are reflected in a highly qualified workforce, competitive and low cost (compering to other EU countries) and good strategic position.
We would like to thank moderators and panelists on professional presentation, Deloitte for being Conference programming partner, as well as media partners: Bizlife and Svet osiguranja.